sennder, with our new office in Barcelona, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
Fresh from our Series D raise we are looking for an Engineering Manager that can take ownership of one of our full-stack, cross-functional pods owning parts of the sennder platform. You will define and deliver our technology roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary team to be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and the complexity of the logistics business. We trust and support each other and encourage our engineers to connect together with regular knowledge sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment while providing the technical vision and strategy to the teams and help them execute. This role is reporting directly into an Engineer Director in Berlin.
In this role you will:
- Build, grow and guide the full stack engineering team that solve difficult problems in the logistics space
- Drive external and internal hiring as well as developing our engineering talent into new challenges and roles.
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed on target state.
- Work closely with the Product and User Experience Organisation and embrace lean and agile product development practices and data-driven decision making.
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seeks to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into outward-looking technology strategy.
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example inline with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance.
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organization by exceeding expectations of customers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams;
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams;
Preferably you are:
- Confirmed engineering leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architectures patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, micro frontends, etc.
Adept at developing in one or more common programming languages such as Python, and/or golang.
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems and passionate about code quality
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with an aspiration to excel in your role
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understand when it is appropriate doing so.
- Fluency in English
What you can expect
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.