About the opportunity
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Memberships team in Vienna.
Lead one of our software engineering cross functional groups to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Forming a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life.
In this role, you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Recruit, manage and retain talent.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via technical or non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with product managers and operations in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What you need to be successful:
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience managing and delivering impactful projects
- Experience working on an rapidly evolving product in an agile environment
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Interested in working with a fast-paced and quickly growing company
- Professional proficiency in written English
What’s in it for you:
The starting range for this position starts at €82,100 gross per year
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.