Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
As an Engineering Manager you'll sit at the intersection of and functional leadership by leading one or two product development teams (depending on your seniority) with full management responsibilities. We are also open to part-time, full-time or job sharing.
"While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates, mostly female, tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us."
- You manage one or two teams of software engineers who build the products and frameworks that make our entire platform
- You own and drive overarching, impactful topics in tech and beyond to success
- You own the entire product engineering process and ensure industry-leading engineering practices and methodologies
- You ensure on-time delivery of the product roadmap with an end-to-end view
- You are the interface between strategy and delivery. You will be working with the leadership team and translate directives to your teams as actionable tasks and deliverables.
- You grow your engineers in their craft and as people. You ensure your teams stay happy, healthy and productive
- You attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class engineers
What you should bring along
- You have multiple years experience in leading cross-functional and multicultural teams
- You have a seasoned background in software engineering, agile coaching background is a plus
- Ideally you have profound experience with AWS
- You have the strong ability to prioritize for achievability, deliver on deadlines and drive closures
- You have strong organizational and communication skills in written and verbal English
- You are a mentor and role model. You lead your teams by example
- You prefer to prove your ideas by trying them out and measuring their impact
- You recognize failure as an essential component of any learning process
- You have a deep understanding of agile workflows and lean principles
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your learnings with other
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solarisbank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.