Enabling Better Organizations.Personio ist ein schnell wachsendes und in München gegründetes HR SaaS Start-up. Es bietet eine ganzheitliche Softwarelösung für die Bereiche im HR und Bewerbermanagement, die insbesondere für Unternehmen mit einer Größe von 10 bis 1000 Angestellten konzipiert wurde. Schon heute spielt Personio eine entscheidende Rolle, den alltäglichen operativen Betrieb von mehr als 700 HR Teams effizienter und transparenter zu gestalten. Wir sind ein mit viel Spaß agierendes internationales Team, dessen Ziel es ist die führende HR Plattform in Europa aufzubauen.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
As an Engineering Manager you will drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will lead one of our cross-functional mission-based product teams as an Engineering Manager to enable high performance of a group of passionate, international engineers on the path of building a best-in-class HR Operating System!
Role & Responsibilities
You want to learn more about the way we work? Our Engineering Manager Pete gives you some insights:
- You are responsible for the personal development and regular feedback for a team of 5 - 8 engineers
- You strive to promote and implement engineering best practices within your team & tiebreak technical discussions
- You collaborate closely with your team’s Product Manager & align with other external and internal stakeholders
- You enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant features according to Personio standards
- You are passionate about building a culture of ownership and autonomy in your team
- You will directly contribute to building our engineering organization by recruiting and hiring tech talent for Personio
What you need to succeed
- Over three years of people management experience in engineering teams, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Over five years of professional web software development experience as a Backend or a Fullstack Engineer
- Confidence in presenting to an internal and external audience
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary teams with Agile/SCRUM
- Knowledge of OOP and system architecture, strong knowledge of the full lifecycle of web application development
- Experience in enabling teams to transform a legacy system to a state-of-the-art microservice architecture.
- Advanced multitasking and prioritization skills
- Willing to relocate - position is onsite-only in Munich
- Excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German is a plus
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping Personio and have a direct impact on the daily work of hundreds of thousands of users
- 1.500 EUR of development budget per year for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- 28 paid vacation days, at least 3 days of home office per month, and flexible working hours
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Munich, Germany
- Weekly German language courses
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich and skiing trip to Austria)