Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna’s engineering organization is growing rapidly and we're searching for hands on technical Engineering Managers with core strengths in the Java ecosystem to be part of this journey. Klarna’s growth is now on a global scale and Engineering is the organization that will make this global success happen.
Our business is represented in Engineering domains where products are built from end to end. We have small agile teams divided by domains. We pride ourselves on an autonomous and knowledge sharing culture where teams own the systems they build; from design to deployment.
With daily deployments and microservices architecture, we really do have an engineering culture that allows talented Engineers to thrive, both professionally and personally.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering organization consisting of 3-8 team members.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own team and cross teams.
- Scope and own a problem space, articulate and develop fact based argumentation and present it to senior management or CXOs, develop vision and mission statement.
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
- Influence and drive software design discussions.
- Translate business needs into capability build up and hiring plans in own team.
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent.
- Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly.
- Manage the budget for the team and dependencies.
Some of the technologies you would be working with include: latest Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka and AWS.
30 days of annual leave every year
Generous occupational pension and insurance plans
Flexible work schedule
International working environment in central Stockholm
Learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.