About the opportunity
We are looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Manager for the Global Customer Experience domain in Barcelona. You will work in the area of “Memberships” on some of the most crucial parts of the N26 experience around our Premium Membership Tiers, offering an unmatched experience to our customers.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As an Engineering Manager you enable your teams to be successful by coaching and developing your team members. You are working at the intersection of Engineering, Product and Design and make certain a stable value delivery is ensured with the highest level of quality and security.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation N26 is one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe and about to break the US banking model. If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally as well as get things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally - then let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated software developers working in an agile environment
- Grow your team internally and recruit externally, manage and retain talent
- Create and foster a high performing, engaging & inclusive work environment based on transparency, accountability and trust
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Tech Leads / Principal Engineers in continuous planning, dependency & risk management and constant process improvement
- Help to define & execute goals (OKRs) and a sustainable tech strategy
- Continuously identify and learn from our delivery on how to further improve our effectiveness
- Establish a tight connection to other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of software development experience, 2+ years leadership experience required
- Experience building and working with agile software development teams
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Passion to utilize cutting edge technologies to provide the best customer experience possible
- Motivation to manage and deliver impactful & complex projects
- Professional proficiency in spoken & written English
- Previous experience in the FinTech industry is a plus but not required
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.