Du willst Teil der Revolution im Versicherungswesen sein?
Du bist fasziniert von neuen Technologien und ihren Auswirkungen auf den Versicherungsbereich? Du willst mit dabei sein, wenn die etablierte Versicherungswirtschaft in Deutschland und im Ausland fundamental verändert wird?
Wir sind ein solide finanziertes InsurTech Start-up mit einem erstklassigen Gründungsteam aus etablierten Fintech Entrepreneurs und führenden Versicherungsexperten. Leidenschaft, Einfachheit, Schnelligkeit, Flexibilität und Transparenz - das sind Kernwerte unseres Unternehmens, das wir gemeinsam mit Dir aufbauen wollen.
Worum es geht. At Coya, the engineering team is passionately and tirelessly working to support the intricate requirements of a complex scaling digital insurance business.
We work within a matrix organizational structure, with horizontal chapters based on engineering disciplines (frontend: React, Typescript; backend: Scala, Python; QA; business intelligence: dbt, Looker; devOps: AWS, EKS) and vertical teams aligned with product, growth and company goals, focusing on Acquisition, Retention and supporting Internal Operations.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager (m/f/x) who will take on responsibility in the engineering department to support our talented engineers, develop, grow and improve on best practices and maintain focus towards building a great product and enable Coya’s success story.
Focus areas in your role
- Drive team execution - consistently manage expectations, set accurate and achievable milestones, goals and deadlines. Enable the team to effectively work towards them
- Provide sound technical vision - support engineers in making technical and architectural decisions with business values and priorities in mind
- Align priorities with business goals - accurately understand business needs and goals when planning roadmaps and drive execution against them, while collaborating tightly on the prioritization of shared goals between teams
- Excellency in engineering best practices - improve engineering efficiency and quality across systems and uphold a healthy engineering mindset across teams through mentorship, training, technical process, or organizational changes
- Cross-functional collaboration - ensure a balanced collaboration between departments, built on transparent communication and effective decision-making, gracefully navigating potential misunderstandings
- Support team culture, composition, and growth - optimize for a healthy balance in the team and a structure that maximizes developers’ skills. Support a team culture based on mutual trust and respect and foster a curious, mutually challenging, and collaborative mindset
- Support our CTO - contribute to tech strategy, process definition and provide support in defining technical goals in coordination with upper management, customers, and stakeholders
- Hiring - when needed, recruit new hires with a diverse mindset, a good fit with the existing team, and a skill set best matched for business needs, roles and qualifications
Unser Angebot an dich.Sustainability. Insurance is our expertise, climate protection is our passion. And that's why our employees are given additional Green Leave days to do volunteer work. Furthermore, our office is climate-neutral, our electricity is green, the Christmas tree is replanted and we are always looking for new ways to improve.
Diversity. An international team with experienced colleagues from more than 25 nations. We continue to work hard on ourselves to make our team even more diverse - because we are convinced that only different perspectives can lead to a really good result.
Flexibility - Yes, please. Your job takes up a large part of your time. So you should also decide where and when exactly you work. We enable flexible working time models and generous home office arrangements even after the Corona pandemic.
Moving? No problem. We offer you visa support and financial assistance for relocation - for a facilitated start in Germany.
Stay healthy. With a discounted Urban Sports Club membership and the Humanoo App we help you to stay physically and mentally fit.
Worth cash money. We will make a 20% additional payment to your company pension scheme.
The classics. Ergonomic chairs and height-adjustable tables, a modern office in beautiful Berlin-Kreuzberg, team events, cultural lunches and a fridge full of cold soft drinks are just some of the classically meaningful benefits we offer.
Was du mitbringst.Relevant experience in your profile
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mentoring and directing people management in technical teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Appropriate proficiency level with backend and frontend technologies and common best practices to understand, support, and challenge the team in technical discussions
- Passionate about technical excellence, driving business results, and growing teams and people
- Experience in managing priorities and setting expectations across multiple departments and stakeholders
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience in startup environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English