We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our fast-growing HQ in Berlin.
audibene / hear.com is the fastest-growing audiology care company ever and a profitable global HealthTech with origins in Europe. We are driven by our belief that every person should hear well to live well. With our unique digital business model, we have changed the way hearing care is provided.
Since starting our journey in 2012, we have helped over 100,000 customers get on the path to better hearing. In just 7 years we have grown our team from 2 to over 1,500 people. We work hard and play hard in 11 international locations from Denver to Seoul.
You will be connecting engineers to our customers, consultants and partners. You will leverage technology to aggregate and streamline all aspects of our tech ecosystem and customer journey. We need an inspiring engineering leader to continually iterate and ship diverse tech to drive innovation.
Join us now, as we are shaping this fascinating consumer healthcare space!
About the job:
- Lead and manage a cross-functional engineering squad, contributing to the codebase when required
- Setup and optimize the team for success, you allocate resources to ensure maximum productivity
- Remove engineering blocks, foster collaborative working and enable fast decisions
- Actively seek to identify technical debt and implement strategies to remove it
- Mentor and inspire engineers to deliver their best work
- Act as a feedback coach to you team, conduct regular performance reviews and provide actionable insight
- Define capability gaps, shape hiring strategy and lead recruitment efforts
- You are managing a cross-functional agile team, or you are an experienced engineer looking to make the jump to management
- You have experience delivering a technical roadmap and working with product and business to ensure delivery to tight deadlines
- You know how to prioritize and manage teams using engineering KPIs and metrics
- Familiarity with microservices, APIs, complex web applications and building scalable systems
- Proven expertise in software engineering with a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- You evangelize DevOps and stay abreast of key trends and best practice (CI/CD, containers, serverless architecture)
- You know how to orientate tech to business outcomes and customer value
- You are a concise, empathetic and clear communicator
- You are an inspiring servant leader who motivates your team and aligns them to our vision
Change lives… see the real world impact of what you do!
Join an international, hyper growth company... constantly solve new challenges
€2k annual educational budget… learn new skills in areas that excite you
We are more than 50 nationalities and we speak more than 20 languages
We believe in the so-called Work-Dog-Balance, your best friend is more than welcome.
Gym discounts, loft office in Prenzlauer Berg with a roof terrace
Flexible working hours... work from home when you want!
- We love to spend time together on regular company sponsored team events, parties and annual trips!