Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
Your way into the future
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
As an Engineering Manager you will drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will lead one of our cross-functional mission-based product teams as an Engineering Manager to enable high performance of a group of passionate, international engineers on the path of building a best-in-class HR Operating System!
Your way until todayRole & Responsibilities
- This is a hands-on role that combines People Management skills and Coding abilities.
- You are responsible for the personal development and regular feedback for a team of 5 - 8 engineers
- You strive to promote and implement engineering best practices within your team & tiebreak technical discussions
- You collaborate closely with your team’s Product Manager & align with other external and internal stakeholders
- You enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant features according to Personio standards
- You are passionate about building a culture of ownership and autonomy in your team.
- You will directly contribute to building our engineering organization by recruiting and hiring tech talent for Personio.
You want to learn more about the way we work? Check our Product and Engineer career site here.
- Over three years of people management experience in engineering teams, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Over five years of professional Web Software Development experience as a Backend or a Fullstack Engineer.
- Confidence in presenting to an internal and external audience.
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary teams with Agile/SCRUM.
- Knowledge of OOP and system architecture, strong knowledge of full lifecycle of web application development.
- Experience in enabling teams to transform a legacy system to a state-of-the-art microservice architecture.
- Advanced multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Willing to relocate - position is onsite-only in Madrid, Spain.
- Excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German and/or Spanish are a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience on Java/RoR/Microservices technologies.
Why working with us
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Flexible working hours
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- €1.500 Euros development budget
- A permanent contract
- Three hours of weekly English classes
- Grant for transport and food approx € 68 per month.
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, among others)
- An office location in the heart of Madrid
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Madrid, Spain