Solarisbank AG is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
As a Data Platform Engineering Manager you'll sit at the intersection of functional leadership helping us to define and grow our Data as a Product vision and mission. You will hold full managerial responsibilities for your Data Platform Team and cooperate closely with Data Analytical Engineers and Data Product Team.
"While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates, tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us." We are also open to part-time, full-time or job sharing opportunities".
- You will manage one or two teams of software/ platform engineers who build the our entire data platform
- You own the entire product engineering process and ensure industry-leading engineering practices and methodologies
- You ensure on-time delivery of the product roadmap with an end-to-end view
- You are the interface between strategy and delivery. You will be working with the leadership team and translate directives to your teams as actionable tasks and deliverables.
- You grow your engineers in their craft and as people. You ensure your teams stay happy, healthy and productive
- You attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class engineers
- You own and drive overarching, impactful topics in tech and beyond to success
What you should bring along
- You have hands-on experience working with data infrastructure and data pipelines and data warehouse solutions e.g. Snowflake
- You have solid knowledge about data platform components and related architecture patterns
- You have profound experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- You have the strong ability to prioritize for achievability, deliver on deadlines and drive closures
- You have strong organizational and communication skills in written and verbal English
- You prefer to prove your ideas by trying them out and measuring their impact
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team and recognize failure as an essential component of any learning process
- You are aware of data best practices and know which patterns to use
- Ideally, You understand importance of data in financial world
- A deep understanding of agile workflows and lean principles will be a plus
At Solarisbank AG, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solarisbank AG does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. Solarisbank AG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.