Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As an Energy Modeling Engineer, you will be developing the energy models of our indoor farming systems to help the cities of the future become self-sufficient in their food production! You will be creating new innovations and working with a multidisciplinary team. As part of Infarm’s energy & climate team you will work closely with our Smart City, Plant Science & Software teams to design innovative & fully integrated energy solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide innovative sustainability and energy efficiency solutions at the forefront of an evolving vertical farming industry
- Utilize energy modeling applications and other simulation techniques to predict benefits from energy efficiency and demand management projects
- Dynamic Process modeling and simulation
- Develop technical reports that summarize project scope, calculation methodologies, key assumptions, and recommendations
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Energy, Process or HVAC Engineering
3+ years of experience in the energy field, such as energy efficiency, distributed energy generation, renewable energy, microgrid modeling
- Experience with fundamentals of HVAC systems such as working principles of HVAC system types, operations and controls.
- Skilled in code developing tools such as Python and Modelica
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunityregardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.