Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio is a modern all-in-one HR platform that customers love. As one of Europe’s fastest-growing technology companies, we are helping back-office teams across the continent become more effective, efficient, and strategic. Our core purpose is to enable better organizations by helping businesses put their people first.
We are looking for a Director Product Operations to help over 15 cross-functional product teams to operate as effectively as possible. You will be responsible for leading an operational model for all product teams and growing a team of Product Analysts as well as Program and Localization Managers.
The Director Product Operations is experienced in agile product development at scale. You have spent 5+ years in a SaaS environment driving results based on data and collaboration, working closely with leadership stakeholders.
The core responsibility of this role is to drive effectiveness of our product development by streamlining planning, delivery and release processes in collaboration with P&E leadership, Product Tribes (PM, Engineering, and Design), Customer Operations & Success, Product Marketing, and GTM teams. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Implement KPI tracking and reporting mechanisms for senior P&E leadership and participate in strategic planning by presenting structured data and analysis of departmental KPIs
- Support half-yearly goal setting across teams (Objective and Key Result definitions and alignment)
- Drive and refine the orgs’ quarterly planning and roadmapping process
- Build and manage a standardized release process and lead project management of major product launches
- Create streamlined and standardized customer feedback and communication channel(s) for product teams
- Own the central tooling, practices and templates used by tribes to plan, complete and analyze their work
- Facilitate cross-departmental stakeholder alignment on planned product initiatives, e.g. with legal or our team of product experts in customer success
- Lead your team to run large-scale programs to ensure business impact and superior delivery for product initiatives across teams and functions
- Manage, empower and develop your team of Product Analysts as well as Program and Localization Managers to do their best work
What you need to succeed
- You have spent 5+ years in an operational role within a 15+ team SaaS product development organization
- Experience leading a team of Program Managers; Preferably also Product Operations Managers and Product Analysts
- Deep understanding of modern product development and project management frameworks like SAFe or Six Sigma
- Experience with OKR setting for product development
- Set up effective collaboration structures to successfully execute on highly complex programs
- Deep business understanding and customer centric mindset
- Analytical and data-driven orientation to influence decision making
- Proven ability to work across different levels of management and ability to create confidence with key stakeholders, incl. Sales, Marketing, Finance, and CEO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping Personio and have a direct impact on the daily work of hundreds of thousands of users
- 1.500 EUR of development budget per year for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation.
- 28 paid vacation days (+13 public holidays), at least 3 days of home office per month, and flexible working hours
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Munich, Germany.
- Weekly German language courses