Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are:
The Director of Retail will be responsible for the in-store customer experience to ensure that every location consistently reflects the company's brand. The Director of Retail will be responsible for maximizing the profitability of the retail stores, controlling operating costs, implementing merchandise programs, and achieving sales and profitability goals. This individual should have experience overseeing regulated production or consumer operations in a compliant market. This role should have the ability to grow a business from the start-up phase through ongoing activities. You lead a team of field sales representatives/managers to ensure execution of the sales strategy and achievement of annual KPIs and targets. This role will be responsible for all Pacific Northwest locations. As Infarm grows the regional responsibilities may be adjusted.
- Lead, motivate and develop the sales team, including recruiting, performance management, and target setting.
- Own the financial and operational performance of the sales team.
- Creating and implementing a sales strategy for the market.
- Managing all sales activities in the market.
- Conducting negotiations with small/medium size partnerships while having a deep understanding of the market and competition.
- Create and manage an annual business unit plan to deliver agreed channel revenue KPI’s and targets and provide reporting as required.
- Work with our VP of Marketing/Branding to implement promotions and other marketing/advertising initiatives
- Direct the procurement department, which is responsible for purchasing all products intended for retail sales.
- Ensure all retail facilities operate in full compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Coordinate with Operations team on inventory supply including necessary transportation and logistics to and from retail locations
- Create a consistent in-store experience for customers across all retail operations; work with operations leaders to ensure store experience meets expectations consistently
- Work with HR to develop retail policies and procedures and incorporate into day to day operations
- Manage winning customer business relationships that facilitate “best in industry” execution.
- Work closely with key stakeholders including the account team, category, activation team, sales capability and customer finance to provide the optimum return.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 7+ years of consumer products industry experience along with strong sales knowledge with an emphasis on managing customer relationships, retail deployment, sales finance, and sales operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Retail leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge of sales and negotiation processes
- Strong knowledge of customer and business strategies.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills
- Strong written / oral communication skills
- Experience with project management, change management and driving programs independently
- A strong knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, and people management
- Experience driving profitable sales
- Expert in retail with experience managing multiple retail locations
- Experience working with start-ups, preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.