About the opportunity
We are seeking a Director of Recruiting & Employer Branding to lead, drive and empower our Talent Acquisition function at N26. The Recruiting & Employer Branding team is the beating heart of this business, as we know that every success starts with having the right people. The team act as the value guardians of N26, by also being, living and representing the very values we want to see throughout the business. As the leader of this business area, this is an opportunity, not just to lead a phenomenal function, but it is the chance to shape the entire business.
In this role, you will:
- Be clear what excellence looks like from an N26 employee and provide your team with the processes, procedures and learning to be able to attract, engage and retain at this level. .
- Have a firm understanding of challenges your team faces, and provide support and direction to help drive success. This will involve close mentoring, collaboration and management of Heads of Recruitment, and their respective reports.
- Work with ELT to create a data-driven, data-focused, data-explained approach to recruiting and hiring, understanding the business needs and the recruiting capacity
- Find, create and implement innovations with the focus of raising the bar from a candidate experience, employee experience and business experience perspective.
- Firmly establish diversity and inclusion as a baseline expectation across our entire hiring process - it is in our hiring DNA, not an afterthought.
- Take the business from 1,500 employees to over double in line with our growth plans, through building a scalable, robust and dynamic recruiting process
- Build a close working relationship with other key stakeholders in Finance, People to build a world-class talent strategy, that creates measurable impact
- Create recruiting OKR’s, goals and success metrics, with a cogent plan of delivery.
What you need to be successful:
- 15 years + experience
- Startup, scale up
- International tech
- Led team through IPO
- Grown a team from 1,500 to 3,000
- Led a team of 50+
- Executive leadership
- Clear succession / team development experience
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.