We are looking for a seasoned and highly driven Director of Performance Marketing to join the Global Marketing Leadership team and take growth to the next level at N26.
As the global Director of Performance Marketing, you’ll have global responsibility for driving sustainable customer growth across all N26 markets. You will have the opportunity to continue building and managing a strong Performance Marketing team and infrastructures to drive the next chapter of growth for our business. Performance marketing at N26 is fully centralized and covers all digital media and search channels. The team is composed of highly talented, experienced and driven individuals today, working in lock-step with local marketing teams around the world and in-house x-functional partners like our creative and content teams. It’s mission starts with the words ‘We are in it together…’
In this role, you will:
- Drive sustainable (hyper) growth strategies across paid (search, social, display, affiliate) and organic channels (SEO). Additionally, partner closely with the web team in driving cross functional experiments, improving CRO and tech SEO.
- Mentor, coach, and inspire a growing team of 17+ talented performance marketers. This mature team includes channel leads that are true experts in their field.
- Support leads in setting channel strategy, effective budgeting and reallocation maximising all channels to highest efficiency. Enable innovation, foster a test & learn mindset and try new sub channels, partners and tools.
- Make decisions based on incrementality and optimise channel-mix towards the customer journey / full funnel approach. Achieving highest and most efficient customer value, maximising budget effectiveness.
- Develop, implement and maintain holistic acquisition strategies (think customer 1st) in collaboration with Creative, Local Markets, Product Marketing, CRM, Data Analytics, MarTech etc.
- Ensure scalability, high impact and efficiency whilst maintaining a localized approach for each of the core markets.
- Closely collaborate with the product and operations team on innovative “growth hacking” initiatives focused at product led growth.
- Partner closely with finance on budget planning and forecasting, reforecasting and reporting.
- Ensure the team has robust data access and best setup for data activation. Continue evolving the current status with the data analytics team to improve measurement structures and drive data driven decision making.
- Work together with product and engineers to ensure best in class technical set up to drive high degree of automation, high conversion rates and seamless customer experience. Be in the driving seat of all topics related to ad tech and data compliance relevant to your domain.
What you need to be successful:
Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum 10 years experience in performance marketing, with at least 5 years of experience in leading a team and managing a multi-million annual budget across multiple geographies
- Experience to hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Proven track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement and retention and working with CLV/LTV metric to improve Net Contribution.
- Significant experience in growing an online, app-driven business which is consumer focused.
- Experience in financial services is helpful but not necessary.
- Deep, substantive understanding of all online/app metrics, analytics, tracking technology and tools.
- Deep understanding of attribution, lift test and incrementality.
- Technical understanding of web/app tracking systems and test and learn practices.
- Hunger to understand cultural and behavioral diversities and influencing user behaviors across a wide range of geographies and cultures
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to successfully partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a matrix
- Fluency in English. Good Command of at least one other core N26 language is a pro: German, Italian, French or Spanish
- You demonstrate intellectual curiosity and think outside the box on evolving practices, and ensure the team is constantly at the edge of the newest opportunities or ways of working
- Hands-on mentality
- Analytical practitioner with a bias to action and a passion for enabling others
- Continuously learning and challenging the status quo
- Comfortable giving and receiving open, empathetic direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.