Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The marketing team contributes to that mission by 'Growing a worldwide network of engaged Infarmers (employees, partners, citizens, influencers) who want to enjoy the goodness of super fresh produce while growing a new food system together.'
Infarm is expanding rapidly outside Germany and Europe, with NA as one of the biggest opportunities for growth. The regional NA marketing team grows the Infarmer network in the USA/Canada and drives sales with a strong locally relevant product portfolio and through excellence in retail marketing and activation. We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced Marketing Director NA to build and lead the regional NA marketing team.
- Build and lead the regional NA marketing team. You will start hiring your own team (up to 4 FTE in next 6-9 months), overseeing product development, retail marketing, online marketing & community building, PR & communication. You report to the Managing Director NA and work very closely with the Global Marketing Team based in the HQ in Berlin (with a dotted reporting line into the Global Marketing Activation Director).
- Coach your team in building the brand and business by focusing on excellence in activation & execution.
- Localize global marketing templates and playbooks based on local customer and consumer insights to win by being relevant.
- Excel in local retail channel knowledge, understand trade marketing and drive sales; always exploring innovative ways to use the retail environment as an impactful marketing touchpoint to optimize conversion and create brand lovers.
- Be a sparring partner for the NA sales teams supporting them to realize their targets and service our customers.
- Develop clear result oriented activation and growth strategies. Define KPI's, monitor and create & share best practises with the Global marketing team.
- Implement the Global community building & content strategy by activating the local NA ecosystem, online marketing and implementing CRM.
- Create , prioritize and own the NA activation calendar.
- Take on and lead strategic projects yourself.
- Live the brand and the Infarm values (Grow together, Radical transparency, Nurture freshness and Hack it) from the inside out.
- Inspire & surprise, make our NA audiences smile and love the Infarm brand.
- 10-12 years of relevant working experience in marketing and retail marketing roles in NA, preferable within FMCG / (fresh) food.
- Proven leadership & people skills, you have led and coached a team of 5+ people.
- You have worked in a high growth fast changing environment, being able to balance strategic thinking with hands-on pragmatism and business sense.
- You have experience in building a team from scratch as well as working in a professional international matrix organization.
- Thorough understanding of the retail channel; love for 'store checking' (when abroad you always visit a local supermarket / mall to check out new sales concepts and new products. True?)
- Digital marketing (website, social channels, influencer & content marketing, CRM, e-commerce) and product development experience.
- Fluent in English.
- You also read job applications completely and show it by writing “I love Parsley” in your application letter.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
20 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Due to COVID, Infarm currently has its New York Headquarters employees working from home until at least mid-October and likely through the end of 2020. To support our workforce working from home, we continually work to foster a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and growing our business.