About the opportunity
We are looking for a Director of Business Operations in Berlin to lead our Business Operations, Partnership Operations and Sourcing functions. Your team will be responsible for project management and partner selection for new and existing product initiatives, ensuring maximum performance of vendors and partners used in our different solutions.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As Director of Business Operations, you enable your teams to be successful through coaching and development, and ensure all work delivered meets our highest level of quality and security standards.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and formulate and implement improvement processes and policies
- Analyze operational performance and issues impacting the business by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics and proactively identify areas of risk and opportunity and propose the appropriate corrective actions
- Manage large projects across the global organisation and support other departments with their delivery
- Negotiate all commercial agreements with our external partners
- Manage relationships with external partners/vendors
- Oversee the Group Outsourcing function
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
Leadership & Staff Supervision
- Coordinate between all organisational functions for new projects or existing products
- Lead, manage, and motivate the business operations teams to achieve maximum productivity, performance, and accuracy while minimizing operating costs
- Assures that the team obtains sufficient understanding of strategies, business plans and objectives to enable their alignment and influence on results
- Collaboration with the People team, to use talent management tools and strategies to retain and develop your team - including coaching, timely feedback, actively managing performance, creating and monitoring development plans and adhering to organization standards and requirements
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience working in mixed business operations functions
- Strong project management, preferably with experience in implementing and managing company wide operations projects and programs
- Highly skilled in collaborating with different departments to develop cross-functional ideas, identify opportunities and resolve conflicts
- Understands key business drivers and proactively seeks out opportunities and recommends solutions that can be effectively supported
- Knowledge of the payment industry is a plus
- Passionately strives to achieve results, energetic and high level of dedication
- Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- A growth mindset and agile approach to problem-solving
- Strong leadership acumen, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.