We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, in this case a Mergers & Acquisitions platform for Small & Medium Enterprises. They are the middle ground which connects accredited buyers with owners, advisors and acquirers by using a SaaS solution.
What will keep you challenged?
- Together with the existing management team, you are responsible for managing the deal teams, coordinating external partners and leading the teams to the successful completion of a double-digit number of transactions per year with several hundred million euros in enterprise value
- You are responsible for supporting transactions from mandate to successful closing, acting as the central point of contact for clients (owners of medium-sized companies) and potential buyers/investors (groups, financial investors, wealthy families) in the transactions and coordinating teams that support the new acquisition and operational implementation of the deals
- Questioning and designing processes to enable the efficient handling of deals, control the internal and external allocation of resources and provide operational support for all relevant issues
- Responsibility for monitoring the progress of the transaction and ensuring that as many transactions as possible are successful
- You are part of the management team, involved in the strategic planning with the founders, and are actively shaping the future of the company as well as the development of the entire division
Which traits contribute to your success?
- University degree in economics, industrial engineering or law
- 5-12 years of professional experience in an M&A / corporate finance consultancy, management consultancy, auditing, investment bank in corporate M&A or in transaction-related professions
- Excellent analytical skills and are able to quickly penetrate complex issues and reduce them to the essential factors
- Able to critically question the status quo and to design business processes and approaches from the ground up through your skills in methodical problem solving
- Experience from numerous transactions (including company valuation, preparation of documentation, transaction structuring, due diligences, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Proven track record of convincing new customers and winning new transactions
- Prior leadership experience ideally in teams of 5+ people and are interested in building a fast-growing team
- Understanding how to advise not only employees but also company owners and investors in processes and how to structure pragmatic solutions in critical negotiation situations
- Ideally, you have already worked in a start-up or venture capital related environment
- Well organized, 100% reliable, proactive and ready to go the "extra mile”
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office as well as the data services customary in the industry
- Native German proficiency and fluency in English
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
Make a true impact in the FinTech industry
Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.