About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
About the roleDevOps Engineer is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact on Urban Sports Club’s rapidly growing member base across Europe. Last year alone we doubled our member base. We’re looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer who has strong experience developing and maintaining cloud infrastructures and automating product delivery processes. You will be able to further develop our platform in key areas to appeal in a growing market.
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of virtualized environment, cloud services, servers and productivity tools
- Ensure availability of Production, Testing and Development environments
- Manage monitoring systems to identify issues proactively
- Continuously automate tasks for CI/CD and help development teams with continuous testing process
- Work closely with development teams to improve rollout of new product features to facilitate our fast paced growth
What we use
- Phalcon, PHP 5/7, MVC, SOA
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, jQuery, Ajax
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHP CodeSniffer, phpDoc
- REST API, JSON, SOAP
- AWS, Debian, Docker, nginx
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Git, Scrum
- 3+ years of experienceDevOps skill set with specific focus on AWS and other cloud platforms
- Extensive Docker containers experience
- Strong Ansible and Terraform expertise, Puppet is a plus
- CI/CD expertise
- Scripting experience – Golang, Bash are preferable
- Vast Atlassian stack expertise particularly around Jira.
- Deep technical knowledge around Linux servers
What you can expect from us
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership