About the opportunity
As a Developer Evangelist at Contentful your main responsibility is to grow, build and support our developer community. You will create example projects, learn and teach modern web technologies while inspiring and connecting with developers around the world.
What to expect?
- Building a sense of community and belonging by supporting and getting to know developer using Contentful wherever they are
- Freedom and flexibility to choose technical topics and projects to work on. You know best how to serve a developer community.
- Creating content on various channels (the Contentful Blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that teaches technical concepts to equip developers with knowledge of tools and techniques that makes them better at their craft.
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
What you need to be successful?
- Please include your previous writing/speaking contents on your documents.
- You have the experience, patience and empathy to teach developers about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video.
- You are an active member of a developer community.
- You are passionate about technology and can't get enough of trying out new things to share them with others.
- You have experience giving technical talks within an organisation, at meetups, or at events.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision, are capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- You embrace asynchronous online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your users are successful.
- Once the Covid-19 situation resolves: you're happy to travel regularly, are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences, and other developer events.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time-off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Relocation budget to aid your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.