As a Data & insights Specialist, we expect you to bring your expertise in data analysis, to give a real meaning to a lot of numbers and be the ultimate responsible to support impactful business decisions. You will work very closely to Digital Payments leadership, helping our team to transform SumUp’s digital ecosystem through your data driven approach.
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 60 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our Digital Payments area is a small team with a big mission: accelerate small businesses' transition to digital by offering them the best in class ecosystem for selling online. To fulfill this mission, we are responsible for SumUp’s long-term digital payments strategy and for launching and growing online products and solutions. We already are a relevant growth generator for the business, and we will continue down this path by ensuring our merchants survive and grow in the digital world while doing what they love.
What you’ll do
- Identify major business gaps and opportunities based on data, providing guidance to the business by means of insights and recommended actions
- Prioritise data & analytics needs, assessing impact and effort of projects. Make sure we're spending energy on high-value initiatives and that stakeholders are aligned with your roadmap.
- Identify data availability bottlenecks, raise requirements for integration and prioritise with our global data teams. Create alternative pipelines for data availability when necessary
Define metrics, and create databases and dashboards, to empower business teams with self service data tools, and share analytical knowledge inside and outside the team.
- Build financial a growth models that support our digital products growth strategies
- Orchestrate experiments with the team, to ensure audience definition and results are statistically significant and provide clear iterations and next steps
You’ll be great for this role if
- You are curious, proactive, keen on questioning patterns, and you work well in a fast-changing environment
- You have strong problem solving skills, being able to formulate analytical problems from scratch with no guidance and deliver clear insights and recommendations from it based on the business best interest
You work and communicate well autonomously across different teams with different contexts than you (you will work with sales, FP&A..)
- You have the capability to prioritise tasks and to decline those that are not important
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in data analysis
- You already worked with Excel, SQL, Python, Tableau/Power BI or similar
- You are fluent in Portuguese and advanced English - you'll be working in a truly global company
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You will be a crucial part of the creation of a whole new business chapter for SumUp
- You’ll have autonomy to propose and implement meaningful changes that will impact the market and small business
- You'll have the space to drive your career in a high-growth environment
- Health insurance plan (co-participation), Caju benefit (multiple possibilities: meals, culture, health), life insurance, Partnership for mental health activities with Zenklub, optional dental assistance, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, and more.
- Flexible hours - you make your own schedule and have freedom to align with the team if you want to work remotely or take a few days off
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.