Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleWe are more than a support team. We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health and legal stability of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Finance, Legal and Business Intelligence and want to make a difference from day one, the BIFL team is the right place for you.
As a Data Engineer at Personio you will have a crucial role at one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In an emerging team you will build up and extend a data platform, which ensures that we have the best environment to make fast data-driven decisions. Therefore, we are aiming for a standardized multi-interface data platform that can enable self-service delivery and end-to-end solutions for all data an BI-related use cases at Personio.
With your experience you will develop a short- and long term strategy for the team to reach this goal in an iterative way by defining a generalized data integration and warehouse architecture with a strong focus on generating business value.Thereby you will handle structured and unstructured data, build batch and streaming processes, enable business intelligence solutions, facilitate interactions between tools and processes of different departments. Apart from that you are also willing to share your knowledge with your colleagues and act for them as a role model and respected sparringspartner.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Build, improve and extend a scalable and cloud-based data platform in an iterative way
- Develop resilient and performant data architectures in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Shape a cloud-based stream and batch processing solution to integrate external data sources and APIs
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis to empower our teams in gaining valuable Insights
- Act as direct interface to our Product & Engineering and Infrastructure teams for all technical business intelligence topics
- Ensure high flexibility by implementing microservices in our architecture
- Ensure ways to enhance data quality and reliability
What you need to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Professional work experience with big data environment and in the cloud (e.g. hadoop, AWS, Azure, EMR) as well as with python
- Understanding of approaches to data storage and different data architectures (RDMBS, NOSQL databases, OLAP), proficiency with SQL
- Practice in clean code and test-driven development
- Knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure automation and management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI)
- Experience in implementing event driven data pipelines, consuming data from streaming or event broadcast platforms (e.g. kinesis, amazon SNS, amazon SQS) as a plus
- Familiarity in data integration with complex software systems and microservice architectures as a plus
- Living agile: Frequent development cycles, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Logical and analytical thinking in combination with a high degree of data quality
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and autonomous working and being a team player
- Fluency in English (Level C1/C2)
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.