Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve complex problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- You have proven work experience in data engineering
- You have experience working with enterprise level Data Warehouses
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As a data engineer, you will contribute to that mission by work closely with multifunctional product teams to develop data pipelines to connect our wide range of data sources to our production services. Additionally, you will:
- Support the expansion of our Data Warehouse
- Enrich our data with internal and third party REST API’s
- Develop batch processing pipelines to integrate new data sources into our data infrastructure
- Develop and maintain new data streaming pipelines to supply real time data to our stakeholders
- Design and implement storage solutions to preserve the integrity of our data.
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience designing and implementing data engineering solutions
- Experience in cloud architecture and cloud-focused data engineering
- Hands-on experience with software engineering best practices
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
It would also be great if you have experience with
- Cloud based infrastructure
- Real time data processing
- Integrating third party platforms with Rest API
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.