NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com
About the Job
NewStore is here to bring back the joy in retail, supporting brands to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience for their customers. We enable retailers to run their shop entirely with an iPhone, giving their associates the power of doing extraordinary things through cutting edge technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our brand-new Data Provisioning team. You will be the first data engineer to join NewStore, and ultimately have the responsibility of introducing best data engineering practices to the company alongside a drive to build a fantastic new data platform!
We have a cutting-edge microservice architecture and use the following technologies: Scala, Python, Golang, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, nginx, Amazon AWS, REST-ful APIs, React-Native, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, git, SQL (PostgreSQL), Scrum/Kanban.
- You will design, build, and refine our data and analytics infrastructure
- You will grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- You’ll work together with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and the whole Engineering department to ensure high data quality
- You will design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- You will develop complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining systems at scale
- You have strong experience with Python, Scala or Java
- You have strong experience with ETL processes
- You are familiar with cloud based Datalake, DataWarehouse and BI technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, QuickSight, BigQuery, Looker, etc.
- You are ready to do whatever it takes for the company to succeed, you are used to supporting your software in devops culture
- You are familiar with agile development
- You have an analytical mind and back your decisions with data
Nice To Have
- You have experience with AWS and infrastructure as code
- You have experience with building stream-processing systems, using Kafka
- You have experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- A rare opportunity to be one of the first developers to work on a greenfield data platform within a well-established tech company based in the heart of Berlin
- You will have a leadership career path already implemented for you when you join the team
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and share options
- Personal Development Budget
- The chance to have a significant impact in one of the fastest-growing tech
companies in Europe during an exciting growth phase
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!