We are looking for:
A new member for our Data team at Project A. Data is trending upwards📈 With the rise of digital-first business models, deriving valuable insights from data is the key differentiation for today’s companies. The team helps our portfolio companies to gain access to these insights through impactful analyses, advanced tracking technologies and state-of-the-art data warehouses - often built based on our own data transformation framework called Mara.
What will keep you challenged?
- Build data-driven applications for our ventures: data warehouses, predictions, recommendation engines etc.
- Integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organization have easy access to data through various front-ends and interfaces.
- Adapt our toolset to ever new challenges
- Work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with the analytics team
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A master's degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Genuine interest in data and algorithms and excitement about solving difficult problems
- Knowledge of the following basic tools of software engineering: programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- Profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems
- Eagerness to delve into new technologies and programming languages
- Basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
Our current Stack:
- Mac or Linux, Python, bash scripts, Makefiles.
Our own open-source data integration framework Mara (for more click here), but also DBT, Airflow and Luigi
PostgreSQL (for more click here), Debezium, Kinesis & BigQuery for event collection and querying
- AWS, GCP, Azure, Ansible, Terraform
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.