About the opportunity
N26 aims to build the most reliable customer service in banking globally. Great customer care is one of our central pillars and we are looking for a senior manager with a start-up mentality to help us achieve this. As Customer Service Manager, you'll lead our European customer operations to be the most reliable contact center in banking.
Our Customer Success Manager ensures that customers have sustainable long term relationships with N26. Along the customer journey, customers are being looked after to guarantee customer happiness in each step of the relationship, whether activation, education, product usage or retention and win-back. Based on the individual customers behavior the Customer Success Manager meets acquisition, customer value and retention goals.
Customer Success is relationship-focused client management in an engaging inbound conversation with our team. The customer success manager understands the customers behaviors and barriers in using the N26 products by using detailed data.
In this role, you will:
- As a Customer Service Manager you will manage a team of around 6 Customer Service Team-leads, and indirectly up to 100 indirect reports. You will be a leader, mentor, coach and colleague to those team-leads.
- Working closely with the Director of Customer Service, the Director of Service Experience and existing team within Customer Service, you will consistently be looking to pass your experience and knowledge onto younger managers.
- You will further develop existing structures and processes to improve the alignment and by that ensure a stable high performance of the Team-leader Team.
- Your seniority will be crucial in creating a culture in which both Team Leads and Specialists can flourish, and driving the standards which create this. We will look to you to lead, and to use your innovative and creative nature to improve our daily operations.
- As a data driven professional, you will also always be aware of company, team, and individual KPIs and will use this to drive performance discussions.
- Your extensive experience in people management will ensure you are that you motivate and inspire your team to deliver a best-in class service. You will be comfortable providing honest feedback, and dealing with difficult conversations is the norm for you.
- As a senior leader, you will be able to see beyond the day to day operations of the business and look at our overall service.
- Whether it is reviewing how we deliver our service to new territories, or how we make ourselves more accessible and flexible for our customers - your input will be key.
- You will be the bridge between our front-line interaction, and the rest of the business. Therefore you will have the greatest understanding of what our customers need, and the responsibility to convey this to key stakeholders elsewhere in the business.
What you need to be successful:
- We are looking for a senior customer service professional, who has a wealth of experience in people management and the operational business. At least 5 years of experience in a customer success driven area.
- You will have experiencing driving change and operational objectives across a group of 100+ employees
- You will be comfortable not only managing the Customer Service Team Leads, but also taking a leading role with stakeholders across the business.
- Resilience and dynamism are key for your success. You are ready to deliver high quality performance at the most testing times. This will be reflected in your team, who like you, will be customer oriented and love tackling issues head on.
- You will be capable of working efficiently and effectively, both in a team and independently.
- Experience of working in a startup or FinTech environment is a plus, but not absolutely essential. Lastly, you will have outstanding communication skills in English and hopefully another major European language.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.