We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our Munich based portfolio companies which provides a meeting place for shoppers and product experts. They aim to bridge the gap between the offline and online retail world by bringing the kind of curated, face-to-face advice from the offline world to the E-Commerce sphere.
What will keep you challenged?
- Pioneering the growth of the inhouse tech team for the digital business model (both platform and eCommerce)
- Providing expert mentorship for the inhouse tech team by driving engineering quality and excellence while also building up a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Functioning as an integral part of a company from its growth phase and taking on the opportunity to fundamentally shape its future
- Advocating and advancing modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Adopting state of the art software engineering algorithms, infrastructure, and system design in order to build world-class applications
- Overseeing the engineering organization, including technical strategy, architecture and best practices & technology stacks
- Applying pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase impact on the organization
- Creating a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance
- React and ReactNative
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Experience in leading and growing world-class engineering teams by hiring, nurturing and retaining the best talent, as well as managing people remotely and working with agencies
- Outstanding expertise in modern development lifecycle from ticket prioritization, to CI/CD processes and to production monitoring
- An excellent track record of integrating software development methodologies where appropriate (eg. prototyping, Agile development, test-driven development, fail-fast proof points, and launch & iterate)
- Experience with building cloud-native solutions, microservices, event streaming as well as with monitoring and gathering metrics of web applications
- Being a promoter of a data-driven approach to engineering, focused on delivering meaningful end-user improvements and value aligned with the business objectives
- Experience maintaining strong relationships with other core functions across the company (Product Management, AI, UX...Up to the People operations and Finance departments) to align strategic goals with engineering initiatives
- Very strong English and communication skills, German is a plus
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the Marketplace & E-Commerce industry by joining a highly innovative and disruptive technology company
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Munich
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Enjoy the opportunity to pursue steep career development during the company's exciting launch phase
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.