As the Creative Director of our newly established internal agency, you’ll join our Marketing team and play a key role in shaping the SumUp brand narrative. We want to empower all our teams to use the best quality creative assets to showcase, market and explain our incredible products to our diverse merchant base. By launching an in-house agency, we’ll supercharge our overall creative output with the expertise of agency-level talent combined with the speed and expertise of our existing brand and production teams.
We’re a cross-functional team working in the fields of Acquisition, Brand, CRM, Content, PR and Social Media. Together, we devise innovative strategies to grow SumUp’s brand, attract new customers and keep existing merchants excited about our products in 28 European markets. As the key creative within the agency you’ll work closely with our Lead Art Director, Copywriter and Producer to ensure great brand storytelling across all European markets.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that business needs are transformed into high-impact creative solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop ideas into final campaigns
- Translate briefs into concepts together with the agency creative team
- Develop full creative strategies for offline and online brand campaigns ranging from 360 to single-platform campaigns across Europe
- Pitch ideas to stakeholders and brief film directors
- Translate approved concepts to the creative team of art directors and designers
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Assess needed competence, bring on board talent and develop and manage the creative team (internal and external)
- Ensure all the creative concepts are consistent with the overall brand
- Steer and oversee creative scripts, taglines and brand copy
- Work with Lead AD, oversee photo or TV shoots and post-production to ensure creative consistency
- Take ownership of and responsibility for the creative outcome of the project
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 10+ years’ experience in a brand-focused marketing role, ideally combination of agency and in-house, with proven experience delivering winning creative campaigns.
- You have very strong brand-building experience via online and offline media.
- You’re brand driven, commercially savvy with strong business acumen and comfortable understanding and using data to inform strategic decisions.
- You’re able to build strong, personable and effective working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- You’re hands-on and just as happy rolling up your sleeves to execute as you are seeing the bigger picture.
- You’ve been a trusted leader and coach,supported a team with career development and had a high impact on an organization.
- You’re excited to work in a start-up environment, comfortable managing ambiguity in a matrix structure and can adapt quickly to change.
- You’re an effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the freedom to take ownership, work with purpose and make an impact.
- You'll have the space to drive your career and empower a passionate team.
- You’ll have the resources of a creative agency within a dynamic in-house environment
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.