Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. Personio simplifies and automates recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have offices in London and Madrid. Earlier this year we began building out our international sales and software engineering hub in Dublin from scratch. Globally we are home to 500 employees, 2,500 customers and we're growing rapidly. In January we acquired $75 million in 'Series C' funding, led by Silicon Valley VC firm Accel. We're rated 4.7/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 99% CEO favourability and 97% would recommend a friend to work here. This year we were listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch and in addition to that we celebrated recorded breaking months in June, July and September this year. Come join us!
As Country Manager UK your mission is to build up and grow our international footprint within the UK to support Personio becoming the leading cloud-based HR Management, Recruiting and Payroll software for SMEs in Europe.
- Become a pioneer in transforming HR for SMEs across the UK
- Develop market intelligence by conducting research on market, competition and customers
- Build up a network in the local HR ecosystem, across startups & the SME community and engaging with local media, events or potential partners
- Learn from & exchange with other startups that had successful market entries in the UK
- Own and execute the go-to-market strategy (lead generation, pipeline management, lead conversion)
- Define the plan for Personio’s growth and test different channels to generate traction
- You will be responsible for selling Personio into the UK, to further build our customer base and research & understand customer requirements to feed into our product development
- Act as a “founder” of Personio in the UK; You will be given autonomy to build up processes and scale the team as necessary to help Personio succeed in the market
- Exchange best practices with fellow Country Managers and align frequently with central core functions in HQ to constantly optimize efforts across all markets (Product & Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Administrative)
What you need to succeed
- You have 7+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/ or business development with a strong international background
- A background in B2B SaaS or at a forward-thinking technology firm
- You're willing and able to personally be involved in critical deals - calling, pitching and negotiating
- You demonstrate great presentation and communication skills in written and spoken in English
- You have resided in the UK for several years and have developed a strong understanding of the local language, culture and business environment
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to get things done. You are driven by impact and want to be measured by results
- You are highly motivated and willing to learn
- You are not afraid to make mistakes: you fail fast but you learn from them
- You are able to work independently with scarce resources and are a team player
- You are ready to travel between the UK and our Munich HQ frequently
- Experience in internationalization and leadership
- Previous experience in HR Software
- Experience working in a start-up environment
The well-being of our employees is paramount and all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19. Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension, up to 5% matching scheme
- Caboodle benefits plan which includes a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, corporate discounts and employee assistance program
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Flexible working hours
- €1,500 Euros development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook (to work with)
- Regular team and company events e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, annual ski trip, online virtual events during Covid etc.
- Relocation support