In this role, you will:
- With the guidance of Country Marketing Managers and Content Writer localize, transcreate, edit or review translations of marketing content from English to German, applying the brand framework and is culturally/linguistically appropriate for your local audience
- Work with the Global Content team to manage resolution of all target translation issues and act as a single point of contact for all issues related to the target language
- Manage local translation agencies or freelancers when needed, and collect, aggregate and assess feedback on their quality
- Contribute to optimization of linguistic assets for the target language: style guides, glossaries, assets, and other rich media
- Share best practices within your team and among other localization experts in other languages, as well as other content team members outside of the marketing function (for example Support Center, Product, PR or Product teams)
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years of experience (preferably in a multinational company) in Marketing field
- BA degree in Languages or any linguistic-related field like Translation, Journalism, Litterature, Foreign Languages
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Native German speaker with outstanding spelling, grammar and communication skills.
- Proven cultural understanding of the German market to effectively engage with the local audience
- Hands on, energetic, and motivated with strong interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and within flexibility, with capability to multitask and prioritize among varying demands.
- Passion for a company that wants to change the industry.
- Experience with computer aided translation tools and systems is a plus.
Important: In order for your application to be considered, please send us writing samples for longform, short form and product-/ website-related content from recent projects you've worked for.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.