Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleWe are more than a support team. We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health and legal stability of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Finance, Legal and Business Intelligence and want to make a difference from day one, the BIFL team is the right place for you.
To support us on this journey and fuel our growth, we are looking for a Legal Counsel with Commercial focus in our Dublin/London Office or remote. Be our expert in all customer facing negotiations and help us develop and evolve our contract structure to serve our EU customers. With your entrepreneurial can-do mindset you are ready to lay the groundwork to further enable our Europe-wide growth.
These tasks and responsibilities await you:
- You will be the legal go-to person for our EU sales teams, in charge of our customer negotiations
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales. Your primary focus will be on SaaS subscription agreements, software licensing terms, data protection agreements (DPA), contracting frameworks, including for the public sector
- You work strategically by improving the customer closing process, anticipating our needs to support our European growth, and implementing the commercial framework together with external consultants
- Develop and improve sales trainings to enable our sales teams
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, privacy, open-source, IP, regulatory and other legal developments to be able to give the most effective advice
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide array of commercial agreements including GTC, MSA, DPA, SaaS subscription and licensing agreements
- You bring knowledge in IT law and data privacy/security law
- You are a qualified lawyer in Ireland, England and Wales or another Common Law jurisdiction with proven track record in supporting a sales organization
- You are a team player who is used to working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills, especially with non-legal counterparts (given our SME customer base)
- Structured and proactive style of work combined with the ability to juggle multiple stakeholder requests at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; further European languages are a plus
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.