Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleWe are more than a support team. We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health and legal stability of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Office Management, Finance, Legal and Business Intelligence and want to make a difference from day one, the BIFL team is the right place for you.
To support us on this journey and fuel our growth, we are looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) with Commercial focus in our Munich office. Be our expert in all customer facing negotiations and help us develop and evolve our contract structure to serve our DACH and EU customers. With your entrepreneurial can-do mindset you are ready to lay the groundwork to further enable our Europe-wide growth.
These tasks and responsibilities await you:
- You will be the legal go-to person for our DACH and EU sales teams, in charge of our customer negotiations
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales. Your primary focus will be on SaaS subscription agreements, software licensing terms, data protection agreements (DPA), contracting frameworks, including for the public sector
- You work strategically by improving the customer closing process, anticipating our needs to support our European growth, and implementing the commercial framework together with external consultants
- Develop and improve sales trainings to enable our sales teams
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, privacy, open-source, IP, regulatory and other legal developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- As Personio continues on its strong growth trajectory, you will work towards building and leading a commercial legal team
What you need to succeed
- You must have at least 5 years post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide array of commercial agreements including GTC, MSA, DPA, SaaS subscription and licensing agreements
- Knowledge in IT law and data security law
- German Law Degree (Volljurist) or Master of Laws (LL.M) with proven track record in establishing a successful commercial legal team
- You are a team player who is used to working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills, especially with non-legal counterparts (given our SME customer base)
- Structured and proactive style of work combined with the ability to juggle multiple stakeholder requests at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English; further European languages are a plus
Why PersonioAside from the people, the role, our culture and our mission, we have countless other things, that make Personio a pretty great place to work at.
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to benefit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares).
- An inclusive, equal opportunity & multicultural work environment.
- 1,500 Euro annual development budget for attending conferences or courses, buying books, getting a coach etc.
- A high-impact work environment and short decision-making processes.
- Fun team & company events.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket.
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros per month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!