About usINNOVATION HAPPENS HERE
It is sometimes hectic, very exciting, and always fun! Every day, you will find yourself facing different challenges, learning new things, working on cutting-edge technology, and building cool, high tech products.
Are you excited to build things that matter within an organization that’s pushing the boundaries of 3D mapping and computer vision? We have some of the world's leading experts in computer vision, image processing, and 3D mapping, and we work side by side with academia to advance these fields. Join the team that’s making it all happen.
At the end of the day, you’ll have a great sense of accomplishment, having contributed to building something completely innovative at the frontier of today's technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Take the chance to build & influence the performance of our high tech products instead of “only” running analyses or of doing “plain” software development
- Use top notch IT equipment, including Bose headphones
- Work closely with passionate, international & highly talented colleagues in a casual environment with flexible working hours
- Find us in the heart of Munich, close to Stiglmaierplatz with great cafes, shops and subway around
- Join your NavVis colleagues and continuously grow your biz/tech skills with courses from our internal “NavVis University” which brings you topics from expert internal & external trainers
- Strong teams are built on strong bonds. Join us for bi-monthly BrownBag lunches, regular team-building activities, self-organized employee activities (sky is the limit on these!) and annual team off-sites
- Take care of your well-being at work and enjoy our fully stocked kitchen with an original Italian coffee machine & all kinds of cereals and fruits
Our Mapping & Perception Team develops the software and components that run our mobile indoor mapping system, which is operated by partner companies in more than 25 countries worldwide. Our mission is to create software solutions for mapping entire buildings and creating realistic 3D representations such as maps, point clouds and panoramic images, based on cutting-edge technology in the area of robotics. We are a very international team and if you feel at home with software engineering and want to build something that makes indoors digital, this is the right place for you!
You will work on:
- Design implementation and testing of cloud applications at NavVis
- Write code from scratch, maintain and improve existing code bases
- Monitoring, operation and debugging of cloud applications on Amazon's AWS platform
- Design and deploy data extraction pipelines
- Build dashboards from application monitoring data
- Set up alerts, define thresholds and service quality gateways
- Design and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines for on-premises and AWS cloud applications
- Build self-contained multi-environment deployment stacks
- Maintain and improve existing deployment pipelines
- Work closely with operation and software engineering teams
- Design and maintain APIs, data exchange contracts, data processing pipelines and workflows...
- Evaluate and debug problems in application logic or cloud infrastructure
- At least 5 years experience of software engineering and software development in multi-language and multi-system environments (for example C#, C++, Go, Java, Python, Bash- and PowerShell scripting, Windows and Linux)
- At least 2 years of building and deploying cloud applications on AWS
- Solid computer science background, good understanding of theory of distributed asynchronous and parallel systems and databases
- Experience with "Infrastructure as a Code" (IaaC) using AWS CloudFormation or AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Terraform or similar tools
- Previous experience with containers and various Linux variants as production environment
- Experience with deploying and making software running at scale - familiarity with debugging and monitoring tools, profilers
- Enjoying working with multiple platforms and stacks
- Seeking to work with the experts in the field on cutting edge technology
- Collaborative, creative, and communicative
- Communicating fluently in English
We will be thrilled if you have:
- The DevOp mindset - "We build it, we run it"
- Experience with building cross-platform applications and REST and ASYNC services in .NET (C#), C++ and Python and have used the respective AWS SDKs
- Applied Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD) approaches to software development
- Used AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM) and/or AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) to manage serverless cloud applications
- Worked effectively with CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins or TravisCI
- Worked in a development team using agile principles