At scoutbee, the Chief of Staff to the CEO will be a crucial connection point between the executive team (C-level) and the leadership team, working both on daily and strategic business decisions. The role demands flexibility and will allow you to switch between being a strategist for the company, consultant to the team and an implementer of daily projects.
This will be a highly visible and strategic role working collaboratively across the company, empowering communications between the different actors of the organization. The successful candidate will bring strategic thinking to the CEO along with practical execution experience.
Your role in our beehive
- Work closely with our CEO, acting as his right-hand or trusted advisor, on both strategic and operational tasks making sure the company vision is aligned with the operational needs
- Build lasting relationships with stakeholders. Always have a finger on the pulse of the organization, its needs and ensure the flow of information
- Work with our sales, product and marketing departments, supporting strategic projects (GTM programs, New Product Introductions, Positioning & Messaging, Value Framework, Sales Enablement, Competitive Intelligence, Voice of the Customer)
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects for the CEO and executive team
- Coordinate and manage decision making, board materials, presentations, investor relations, off-sites, leadership events, company summits and more
What you bring to our beehive
- Multiple years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, corporate senior management position or a comparable position assisting C-suite executives, preferably in a fast-paced and digital environment
- Passionate about project management, product management, and product marketing
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, profound knowledge of corporate management and steering strategy
- We fail fast and learn faster - You must be highly adaptive, willing to be agile, know how to collaborate effectively and learn quickly
- Ability to rally others to your cause and to handle business obstacles with a can-do-mentality
- High level of motivation and energy
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- German fluency (and other European languages)
- Experience in the procurement industry or working in supplier discovery
- B2B SaaS experience
What's in it for you? #beehivelife
- Modern offices with a start-up perk culture, ergonomic chairs and choice of computer operating system.
- Flexibility in work environment including working hours and location (in-office or occasionally privately-based)
- A strong emphasis on a Positive Intercultural Environment and Diverse Culture (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matter to our employees, leaders, and investors, which is why we actively invest across the entire employee journey)
- An innovative and international working environment that focuses on a collaborative company spirit, an open feedback culture, and employee growth opportunities.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through a generous educational budget and clear career levels
- Wellness resources (Urban Sports Club, Counselling through Better Health, company organized marathons)
- High end coffee, snacks, fruits, beers and sodas are stocked daily in our offices
- Kindergarten supplement, with priority selection for Kita in our Berlin building (right across the hall!)
- Unlimited access to German and English language courses via Lingoda, customized to your level and availability
- Virtual ESOP for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
Our offer calls to you, but your level of experience doesn't meet our requirements? If this job ad sounds super interesting for you - Please don't hesitate to apply! For us, personality and cultural fit are more important than qualifications. We are aware that underestimation of one's own abilities and impostor syndrome can hold someone back from applying.
We'd love to hear from you!
scoutbee is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic background, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
scoutbee’s mission is to help the right purchasers and the right suppliers connect, anywhere in the world. scoutbee delivers procurement teams a smarter supplier discovery suite. Powered by AI and continuously curated data, scoutbee traces the supply chain of millions of suppliers to bring together supplier information with deep insights and a simple, digital process for strategic sourcing. Founded in 2015 by procurement, operations and engineering experts, scoutbee offers its strategic sourcing solution in Europe and in the US. scoutbee received global recognition in May 2019 at the World Procurement Awards with the “Highly Commended” award for technology. scoutbee has to date raised $76M in funding from investors including Atomico, Lakestar, Next47, Toba Capital, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures and 42CAP.