About the opportunity
As Chief of Staff you will take senior responsibility for monitoring and continuous improvement of operational processes in the company. You will also enable teams across the organization to measure and analyze the effectiveness of the respective initiatives and programs. You are here to challenge and improve the status quo and foster collaboration and communication within the whole business and across internal cross functional stakeholders and external partners. You will be partnering closely with our Founders and Executive team and lead our Founder Office Team, which includes your responsibility to lead our founder communications, data & insights for the founders and executives, culture and leadership projects as well as other company wide special projects.
In this role, you will:
Work very closely with the Founder & Group CEO of N26, Valentin Stalf, as well as our Co-Founder Maximilian Tayenthal and support in coordinating their day to day missions
- Lead projects end-to-end from initial strategy design to complete execution and ongoing improvement management
- Provide our management and investors with regular, standardized updates and reports
- Constantly review the market environment and internal data to gain a deeper understanding and support strategic decisions
- Craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- Lead our Founder Office Team and be end to end responsible for their projects. The team is covering the following topics for the founders: Communications, Data & Insights, Special Projects as well as Culture & Leadership
What you need to be successful:
- 5-8+ years prior experience in a fast paced growth start-up/fintech ideally combined with investment banking or management consulting
- worked in a similar role before closely with founding teams or CEOs
- A quick learning ability, outstanding analytical skills and a structured way of thinking as well as an attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to calmly and confidently communicate with all levels of the organization
- An indepent and proactive approach to new topics
- Project management skills: experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, manage multiple priorities and deliver on-time results
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create a process where one does not exist. Comfortable in a fast-moving, fluid environment
- A strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- Excellent analytical skills with robust excel/spreadsheets experience and proficient in project management and communications means and methods
- Team leadership
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo seeking to improve it (system thinking)
- Strong bias for action as well as finishing and implementing initiatives
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.