About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to join our Payments team in Berlin. Your team will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of high impact payment initiatives while being the central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a cross functional team environment alongside leaders across Product, Operations, Growth and Finance, while driving business strategies and operational changes.
In this role, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert for the payments domain and understand the in and outs of the business, its infrastructural setup and related processes
- Become the central point of contact and connection between internal and external stakeholders in payments
- Collaborate in a cross functional team environment on a daily basis and interact with internal stakeholders including Product/Tech, Legal/Compliance, Banking Operations, Treasury, Customer Service, Growth, Marketing etc.
- Drive and manage strategic payment projects end-to-end
- Manage and develop external partner relationships
- Constantly review data to gain a deeper understanding of the products/projects under your supervision, and ensure their performance is in line with SLA’s.
- Actively shape the payment OKRs and strategic roadmap development
- Fully leverage and further develop critical business skills including quantitative and qualitative analysis, project management, communications, stakeholder management and leadership in a high-functioning team environment
- From your first day on, you will assume responsibility and take ownership of your own projects and external partners
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in fintech, strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital or a similar role (or even a combination thereof!) ideally with a focus on financial services/fintechs.
- Graduated with a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Mathematics or a related field
- Masters or MBA degree is a huge plus
- You have excellent English (and ideally German) language skills
- Understanding of key business drivers and desire to proactively seek out opportunities and recommend solutions that can be effectively supported
- A growth mindset and agile approach to problem-solving
- Passion for the payments industry and an interest in deepening your knowledge of the banking business.
- Outstanding analytical skills and intense attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently on projects impacting the highest level of the business
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities across departments to develop ideas, identify opportunities and resolve conflicts
- Strong project management, preferably with experience in implementing large projects with senior stakeholders
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.