About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
About the roleThis role is an exciting opportunity to work in a team of passionate professionals to make an impact through data in a localized business. Besides the usual operational data needs, we are looking to learn more about our customers and what makes them use our product successfully as well as to help studios to find a balance between demand and offerings. The position is located in Berlin.
- You have the full responsibility for our Data ecosystem
- You manage, maintain and extend our DWH
- You create ETL and reporting pipelines
- You communicate to your stakeholders in order to understand the data needs of each department
- You present data through reports and perform ad hoc analyses to answer critical business questions
- You will co-develop the product & marketing approach based on a data-driven understanding of people’s health and fitness objectives and customer behavior
- You assist in experiments design and measurement
- You strive to create a data-driven culture in a startup environment
- You have 3+ years of hands-on working experience in field of BI
- You have a very good understanding of database architecture, tracking concepts and very good data modeling skills
- You are familiar with star schema and dimensional modeling
- You have a strong SQL knowledge and your Python skills are good enough for data munging
- SQL's window functions and "with" clauses are useful features you use frequently
- You like a clean and orderly git repo
- You are familiar with Tableau or similar tools
- You can do pivot tables and connect a JDBC DBs to Excel
- Experience with Airflow or other workflow engines is a strong plus
- You work with the bottom line in mind, prioritising low hanging fruit in support of other teams or directly through analyses
- You are fluent in both, written and spoken English
What you can expect from us
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in and Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership
- Relocation assistance, if needed