About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
The OpportunityWe are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Data Engineer (f/m/d) to join and strengthen our team. The position is located in Berlin.
How you apply your skills
- Develop new data pipelines in collaboration with the Data team and external stakeholders.
- Improve and extend existing data pipelines with internal and external data sources.
- Implement and maintain data models and reporting structures to enable fast and easy access to our data.
- Recommend best practices for working with data and the data warehouse.
- Ensure data quality, reliability of data pipelines, and accuracy of the resulting data.
What we use
- Postgres, Redshift
- Airflow, REST API, JSON
- AWS, Debian, Docker
- Git for Source Control
What you need to succeed
NICE TO HAVE
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a BI/DWH Engineer role
- A thorough understanding of data modeling concepts
- Readable and efficient SQL skills
- Experience with Python in a data processing context
- Experience in ETL and data pipelines, for example Airflow
- Experience in RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server etc)
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience with Java, Scala or C++
- AWS Redshift or other cloud-based Data Warehouse, knowledge of Docker
- Experience with big data technologies (eg, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop)
What's In It for You?
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Paris and Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership