About usZAGENO was founded in 2015, ZAGENO is eliminating bottlenecks to breakthrough science and research through curated connections linking scientists and their institutions’ procurement offices with leading life science vendors. World-renowned academic and government research facilities, global pharmaceutical companies, and biotechs large and small are already users of our unique online biotech marketplace, currently comprising more than three million products.
What do we do?
Our growing ZAGENO team of 60 in Cambridge, USA, and Berlin, Germany, includes experts in science, e-commerce, systems integration, and customer support to enable smarter, faster processes — allowing more time and resources for value-added science and better research results. Find out more on https://zageno.com
- We help scientists choose the optimal laboratory kits and materials for each unique experiment setup.
- We make purchasing transactions more efficient for both buyers and sellers.
- For our vendor partners, we provide a valuable, expanded sales channel.
About the Role
ZAGENO is looking for Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join our Boston, MA-area team! Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work and learn alongside veteran leaders in technology sales and build the potential for a future selling role within our growing sales team.
ZAGENO BDRs are focused on researching prospective customers, creating outreach strategies and identifying sales opportunities. They conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers to identify how ZAGENO can simplify the research and procurement process for biotech labs to help save time for scientists!
This is an ideal role for a communicative and driven people person, who is looking to accelerate their career path in sales, and enjoys working with other mission-driven individuals.
If you are looking to make an impact on the life sciences industry, we encourage you to apply.
Day to day, the BDR role includes the following activities:
- Building new revenue opportunities by conducting high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, and other communication strategies
- Learning to articulate ZAGENO’s value proposition, optimize messaging based on reception, and identify methods of establishing trust with prospects
- Gaining a good understanding of how to use sales and marketing technologies
- Working closely with our sales team to develop and implement strategy and process
- Effectively and accurately track activity in our database and expand on our prospect lists through market research and qualification
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly quotas and goals
- Scheduling prospect meetings for account executives to assess business and potential for purchasing through ZAGENO
- Being curious about uncovering prospect's current research and purchasing process and their pain points
- You have a Bachelor's degree and a passion to start your career in sales
- A desire to work in a fast scaling company at the intersection of technology and life sciences
- You don't always take no for an answer
- You have a natural curiosity and love to do your job with passion
- You have a strong inclination to meet and exceed goals
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You’re a strong collaborator who can work independently on your own goals
- You have the technical aptitude to pick up new technology and tools
- Working for a mission-driven business with a meaningful challenge with a positive impact on the scientific community
- Kickstart your career in sales with a clear growth perspective into an account executive or leadership role
- A learning and development budget to enable your ambitions to grow professionally in your field
- A professional and dynamic team with a global vision and mindset
- An exciting, international working environment - we have more than 40 nationalities!
- We’ve got your health benefits (medical, dental, and vision) and 401K with company match covered
- Staying healthy and fit is essential - we cover a part of your gym membership!
At ZAGENO, our employees' health and safety are our top priority. We continue to monitor the (local) government and authorities’ guidelines to ensure a safe working environment. Therefore, all our employees are working from home.
All interviews and meetings are held online.