About usZAGENO was founded in 2015, ZAGENO is eliminating bottlenecks to breakthrough science and research through curated connections linking scientists and their institutions’ procurement offices with leading life science vendors. World-renowned academic and government research facilities, global pharmaceutical companies, and biotechs large and small are already users of our unique online biotech marketplace, currently comprising more than three million products.
What do we do?
Our growing ZAGENO team of 60 in Cambridge, USA, and Berlin, Germany, includes experts in science, e-commerce, systems integration, and customer support to enable smarter, faster processes — allowing more time and resources for value-added science and better research results. Find out more on https://zageno.com
- We help scientists choose the optimal laboratory kits and materials for each unique experiment setup.
- We make purchasing transactions more efficient for both buyers and sellers.
- For our vendor partners, we provide a valuable, expanded sales channel.
About the Role
ZAGENO is looking for Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join our team!
While our international team is located in Cambridge, MA, and Berlin, Germany, this role will be based in Cambridge, MA, and reports to our Director of Business Development. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and work alongside sales leadership and the potential for a future selling role within our growing sales team.
Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies and identify sales opportunities. You will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers to identify how ZAGENO can simplify the research & procurement process for Biotech labs to ultimately save time for scientists!
This is an ideal role for a communicative and driven people person, who is looking to accelerate their career path in Sales, and enjoys working with other mission-driven individuals.
If you are looking to make an impact on the life sciences industry, we encourage you to apply.Day to day, this includes the following activities:
- Building new revenue opportunities by conducting high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, and other strategies
- Learning to articulate ZAGENO’s value proposition, optimize messaging based on reception, and identify methods of establishing trust with prospects
- Gaining a good understanding of how to use Sales and Marketing technologies
- Working closely with our sales team to develop and implement strategy and process
- Effectively and accurately tracking activity in our database and expand on our prospect list through market research and qualification
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly quotas and goals
- Scheduling prospect meetings for Account Executives to assess business and potential for purchasing through ZAGENO
- Being curious and uncovering a prospect's current research & purchasing process and their pain points
- A Bachelor's degree
- A passion to start your career in Sales
- Desire to work in a fast scaling company at the intersection between technology and life sciences
- Don't always take no for an answer
- A natural curiosity and love to do your job with passion
- A strong inclination to meet and exceed goals
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- A strong collaborator who can work independently on your own goals
- Technical aptitude to pick up new technology and tools
- Working on a meaningful challenge with a positive impact on the scientific community
- Kickstart your career in sales with a clear growth perspective based
- A learning & development budget to enable your ambitions to grow professionally in your field
- A professional and dynamic team with a global vision and mindset
- An exciting, international working environment - we have more than 40 nationalities!
- We’ve got your health benefits (medical, dental, and vision) and 401K with company match covered
- Staying healthy and fit is essential - we cover a part of your gym membership!
At ZAGENO, our employees' health and safety are our top priority. We continue to monitor the (local) government and authorities’ guidelines to ensure a safe working environment. Therefore, all our employees are working from home.
All interviews and meetings are held online.