In this role, you will:
- Ensure the compliance with local French reporting requirements across the organisation
- Establish a sound reporting governance and documentation, continuously monitoring the regulatory landscape
- Take the project management lead to ensure the functional report owners prepare the respective data sets on time and in quality
- Submit and reconcile reports to the supervisory authorities
- Build out reconciliation mechanisms to verify the quality of the reports, in close coordination with the functional owners
- Become the key contact for local supervisory authorities and manage ad hoc reporting requests
- Maintain and develop processes and interfaces to the supervisory reporting portals, ensuring the appropriate balance between control and efficiency
- Take an active role in the automation of accounting and reporting processes participating in improvement projects, for example process optimizations and the description of administrative processes and procedures
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and initiate the respective work
- Support the local audit, together with Group Finance
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree with a focus on Finance, Controlling, Audit or comparable majors
- 2-3 years of work experience in Finance and Accounting in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge in IFRS and GAAP as well as understanding and experience for internal controls
- Interest in and understanding for supervisory reporting
- Good experience in project management with a variety of stakeholders and willingness to deliver in agile ways of working
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving with tight deadlines.
- “Can-do” and “Hands-on” mentality and a focus on achieving goals
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Flexible and able to work with changing priorities
- Experience of working with and managing external service providers
- Fluent English and French skills
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.