Who we are
N26 has reimagined a banking platform for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global financial platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
N26 U.S. is a fintech company, not a bank. Banking services are provided by Axos Bank; Member FDIC (Certificate 35546). | Read more
About the opportunity
As the Banking Operations Team Lead, you will be a key point of contact in the relationship between N26 and our partner bank, and lead and develop a team of dedicated banking operations specialists in order to deliver best-in-class operations. You’ll have exceptional retail banking and payments knowledge and be able to ensure operational integrity consistent with our policies and procedures and legal/regulatory requirements. This position will work collaboratively with a range of internal teams including Legal & Compliance, Product & Engineering, Customer Service and Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a high performing team of Banking Operations Specialists
- Address a number of topics including: General Banking/Payments, Digital and Online Banking, ACH Processing, and Claims & Subpoenas, and KYC-CIP consistent with our sponsor bank approved policies and procedures.
- Work closely with our and provide support to our Card Operations team (including disputes, chargebacks and fraud monitoring).
- Identify areas for improvement across existing processes and procedures, and ensure that all processes and procedures are compliant with various legal and banking regulations and are well documented / implemented across the organization.
- Devise and implement scalable Banking Operations processes and standards to ensure a positive customer experience, a controlled operating environment, and internal efficiency.
- Be responsible for controlling your team’s performance, using key data and reports to inform your decisions and planning to cover our upcoming needs while ensuring that your team works diligently and always compliantly.
- Be an outstanding people manager capable of guiding and developing your team members - working closely with the other team lead and manager to ensure continual improvement
- This is a crucial role not just within the Banking Operations team, but also within the wider business and therefore you must have exceptional stakeholder management skills. If operational improvement, personal development and the opportunity to grow with a fast moving company inspires you, then apply below.
What You Will Bring Along
- 5+ years of experience in Banking Operations and/or Financial services
- Expertise across payment and banking operations including: claims, insolvencies, consumer complaints, account closures, returned cards, reconciliation, reporting and more.
- Strong understanding of end to end payment flow for ACH & card payments
- Detailed knowledge of FRB, NACHA and VISA or MasterCard Debit/ATM operations.
- An innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with internal teams, building relationships and getting internal buy-in and collaboration to solve problems with a sense of urgency
- Great interpersonal skills and first leadership experiences, work well under pressure and can deal with several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
- Experience with CRM and issue tracking tools is a plus (e.g. Salesforce & JIRA)
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.