About the opportunity
With your strong managerial skill and your expertise in the card area (Mastercard & Visa, EU and US, issuer & customer chargeback etc…), as well as card architectures and microservices, you’ll lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals in order to deliver best-in-class global card operations.
In this role, you will:
- We are looking for an experienced Card Operations Manager to come in and lead our highly skilled and innovative team of Card Operations. From individual coaching to improving our workflows, you will be the focal point of our banking operations team.
- You will manage a team of ~30 dedicated professionals analysts and associates, organized in 3 sections: US, EU and issuer chargeback. You’ll also ensure the performance of an external provider that we are using for overflow.
- You will be responsible for controlling your team’s performance in line with SLAs, using key data and reports to inform your decisions and planning to cover our upcoming needs while ensuring that your team works diligently and always compliantly.
- You’ll be a key stakeholder in cross department projects to improve the EtoE process, reduce the losses & improve fraud prevention. You will work closely with the Cards product team to work on product related topics, to enhance the customer experience and the N26 product.
- You’ll have a strategic mindset, with a focus on financials and cost savings.
- Your operational card expertise will be crucial in redefining our processes, to allow our team to thrive in the most efficient environment possible and build the most efficient digital Banking Operations.
- Your work with the team will not just be operational. You will also be an outstanding people manager capable of guiding and developing your team members - working closely with our support team to ensure continual improvement.
- This is a crucial role not just within the Banking Operations team, but also within the wider business and therefore you must have exceptional stakeholder management skills. If operational improvement, personal development and the opportunity to grow with a fast moving company inspires you, then apply below.
What you need to be successful:
- You are an experienced professional, with considerable experience in a retail banking environment for at least 6 years and a proven track record in Card Operations.
- You have experience in Mastercard or Visa card dispute processing and are motivated by chargebacks!
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship or hold a university degree in business studies (with a major in Banking & Finance) or a related field.
- You bring an innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service
- Lastly, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and another European language is a bonus.
- Your experience with CRM and issue tracking tools is a plus (e.g. Salesforce & JIRA)
- You have great interpersonal skills and first leadership experiences, work well under pressure and can deal with several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
- You are strong in focusing on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture.
- You bring an innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.