Let's transform the way people travel!
At Yilu - the first start-up founded by the Lufthansa Group - we want to change the way people travel. Our goal is to revolutionise the entire travel journey, from the point of departure to the final destination, to provide customers with a connected, convenient and enjoyable experience while creating new growth opportunities for travel companies. To achieve this, we are developing a smart end-to-end travel platform that connects selected travel, mobility and service providers along the travel chain.
Join one of our self-sufficient, autonomous teams as a Backend Engineer and work alongside some super-smart people, where you are empowered to take decisions jointly. Here you will experience freedom, brain-teasing challenges and a lot of guidance and support from your colleagues at Yilu!
What this is all about
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. You will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. By driving engineering and operational excellence at Yilu, you will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.
We are currently working remotely, so please apply only if you are in Germany!
What you’ll bring along
- 3-5 years experience in building and maintaining distributed systems
- Fluent in Java or Kotlin
- Experience in designing, implementing and observing microservice-based architectures
- Experience of SOA/Restful services and development of N-tier Java Spring boot applications (API’s)
- Strong programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills and understanding of data structures and algorithms
Nice to have skills/experience, that we'd like to hear about:
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies like Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with event sourcing, CQRS as well as messaging systems and streaming platforms
- Knowledge of design patterns and experience of large-scale applications
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform as well as familiarity with functional programming are a huge plus
If you feel like you don't quite meet all the criteria listed in the skills/experience, but the role really speaks to you, please apply! If you feel like a lot of the skills and responsibilities outlined are a fit for where you are now in your career or where you're headed, you might be exactly who we're looking for.
At Yilu, we embrace differences and value diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing a safe environment regardless of sex, race, colour, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.