About usJoin the European market leader in B2B cloud telephony. NFON founded in 2007 in Germany is offering its services, locally, in 15 European countries. Our business: Transform the business phone industry, thanks to our advanced cloud-based phone system, complete business phone and call center software.
The opportunities are endless: If you are ready to grow something big, then this is your job!
Your MissionYou will maintain and further develop a set of HTTP-based APIs. Their main function is to bridge the gap between systems-specific voice protocols and standard web technologies. These APIs are used by our web and mobile applications to enable them to interact in real-time with our voice network cloud services like conferencing, fax, voicemail, call center, etc.
As part of your job you will also have to:
- Collaborate very closely with your own teammates as well as with the operations and voice engineering teams.
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop new products and services.
- Test, build, and plan deployments of new releases as well as troubleshoot problems in our production network.
- Assist with migration of some pre-existing Python-based APIs to Go.
- Technical degree (computer science, math, engineering or equivalent) or relevant tech experience
- Deep knowledge of modern server-side API technologies, frameworks, and tools: REST, JSON, OpenAPI, MySQL, Redis
- Several years of programming experience in Go or alternatively programming experience in Python coupled with a strong desire to learn/move to Go
- Working experience with Linux/Unix
- Working experience with Git
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies
- Residence in Portugal or willing to relocate
- Experience with VoIP technologies and open-source voice products like Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, or OpenSIPS/Kamailio.
- Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ.
- Experience with distributed, redundant, or highly available systems.
What NFON offers you:
- Funding of educational training, including English courses
- An unlimited fixed-term contract with the flexibility of trust-based working hours
- Cozy and large workplaces with modern equipment in Lisbon (Rua Barata Salgueiro 37)
- One of the best health Insurance with great coverage (including family members)
- 25 vacation days
- Free coffee, fruit baskets and lunch vouchers
- International atmosphere in a continuously growing company with an open-minded culture and positive communication
- A motivated, distributed and agile team with lean hierarchies
- An option to choose the hardware (Laptop or MacBook Pro)
NFON is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.