As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll join the Merchant Success Tribe, whose mission is to deliver unmatched product education and issue resolution for our existing and prospective merchants. You’ll focus on building products that allow near-instantaneous query resolution, as well as scalability and efficiency of operations teams.
What you’ll do
- Participate in API design and implementation for both internal APIs and those exposed to our third-party integrators
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them
- Design, implement, and iteratively improve new services and systems
- Collaborate with other Software, QA and DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and support for quality software
- Actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation
- Interact daily with our different areas bringing technical perspective for each new feature, but also taking account of the business value added on it
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have experience with Golang, NodeJS is a plus
- You have the ability to write clear and concise code that your teammates can understand and build upon
- You have experience with microservices architecture and Restful APIs
- You have experience with Git, SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL storages
- You have experience within the Linux/Unix environment (comfortable working with a CLI)
- You have solid OOP and FP skills
- You know what to test, why to test it and how to write flexible tests that won't break
- You have solid debugging, optimisation and problem-solving skills
- While you are a coder at heart, you also enjoy working on DevOps when needed
- You have experience working on Salesforce and Marketing Cloud integrations, or you’re willing to learn
- You are used to working in an Agile environment and it’s integrated into your everyday alignment within teams
- You’re fluent in English, both spoken and written
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.