Unified Commerce brings together multiple products into one business area. This includes Online Store, Invoices & Accounting and UC Platform with each of these teams providing a unique product and service for over 3 million merchants to use worldwide.
As a Backend Engineer working in the Platform Item Catalog team, you will be working on initiatives to develop a highly scalable API for all our merchants at SumUp.
Are you a Backend Engineer with experience in building reliable, secure systems? If so, come and join a team working on building systems that are used by millions of users across the globe. After all, you’ll be empowering small to medium businesses around the world to be even more successful!
What you’ll do;
- Participate in REST API design and implementation for both internal APIs and those exposed to our third-party integrators.
- Actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation.
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them.
- Help drive and improve the delivery of our platform features together with the product manager and engineers
You’ll be great for this role if;
- You have 3+ years (mid-level) commercial experience
- You have experience in developing software using a JVM language (Java or Kotlin)
- You have good knowledge of event-driven architecture
- You comprehend the differences between relational and non-relational databases
- You have experience in cloud-based environments (we use AWS)
- You are open to learn new technologies and language
Why you should join SumUp as a Backend Engineer;
- A dedicated annual L&D budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education.
- Enrollment onto our VSOP program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s success.
- Full relocation and visa support for those joining us from overseas, with the option of a hybrid working arrangement that works for you
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world
- Dedicated time every other week for side-projects and open source initiatives as well as a yearly hackathon.
- A corporate pension scheme where we match up to 20% of your contributions
- Numerous other benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, subsidized office lunches.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.