Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! After our new $125M Series D funding, bringing our valuation to $1.7B and thus making us the most valuable HR tech company in Europe, we are growing our team more than ever!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
We are building and scaling a strong engineering organisation facing challenges like moving from a monolithic to a distributed event-driven architecture, scaling the application, re-platforming and working on an automatic, scalable and country agnostic payroll solution.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- writing efficient, performant and extensible code using the right tools and patterns to implement the functionalities that add value to our customers
- identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as an individual contributor
- helping with the coaching and onboarding of junior members of the team
What you need to succeed
- 3-4 years of software development experience, from design to deployment and monitoring in production, using Kotlin, Go, PHP, Ruby or other programming languages
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
- Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, pull/merge request and code reviews
- Knowledge of a web framework (preferred Spring Boot or similar)
- Experience with event-driven architectures, domain-driven design, resilience patterns and microservices
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer: you are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies and follow the best practices in software development for agile environments
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Market-proven, Europe’s most valuable HR SaaS and fast-growing company ($250M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support to Spain
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Parental benefit: In case your kids get ill, you may take up to 10 additional days off
- 1,500 Euro development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- A permanent contract and weekly English or Spanish classes
- Grant for transport and food approx € 68 per month
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headset with noise cancellation
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany)
- Relocation to Spain and visa support through an expert agency
- An office in the heart of Madrid (Santiago Bernabeu Stadium)