Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
Your MissionIf you are enthusiastic about BIG DATA processing, think analytical and love distributed backend systems with state of the art frameworks you shouldn’t miss out on this opportunity.
- Architecture, technical conception and implementation of our scalable backend systems
- Further development and optimisation of our high-performance infrastructure
- Working close to the product & QA team to improve our platform features
- API design and 3rd Party Integration
- Excellent analytical & conceptual skills and integral way of thinking
- Passion for full lifecycle development
- Excellent skills in Java Backend Systems & Spring Framework
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Keen to analyse architecture and software design in terms of scalability, testability and maintenance
- You know about test driven development continuous integration and delivery
- Experience building high performance/low latency architectures is a plus
- Very good spoken and written English, ideally also German
Our Software Stack
- Java 8, Scala
- Spring Framework, RabbitMQ, Kafka, REST APIs, Gradle, Git
- Microservice architecture (Service Discovery)
- Databases: NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB), PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Location Based Services / Analytics (PostGIS, Geotools etc.)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
Why us ? Together with our engineering team you will invent, experiment and try out a lot as not everything we need is out there, built, open-source and ready for use. You will be challenged to continuously rethink, change and tweak approaches. The problems we solve are tricky and that’s what we enjoy. Get in touch with us if you feel like taking up new challenges!
- A high level of responsibility from the very first day
- Work closely with all departments and enjoy flat hierarchies
- Agile, focused, yet relaxed atmosphere with flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package
- And… a large reservoir of free drinks, snacks and fruits!
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part of our team, please send us your application including your notice period as well as your salary expectations.
Francesca as the responsible HR Manager will be your contact person and come back to you asap.