Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
Your MissionAs a Senior Backend Engineer at Adsquare, you will help us develop an ever-growing web based product and be responsible for building distributed backend systems together with our highly skilled tech professionals.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop scalable backend solutions based on Java.
- Together with our Tech team develop and optimize our high-performance infrastructure and manage our service from architecture design to testing, deployment and operation in an agile environment.
- Successfully partner up with our Product team to constantly develop further and improve our platform features.
- Apply best practices of modern software development.
- Work in an self organized agile teams with high level of autonomy.
- High proficiency in backend engineering, profound knowledge of Java and a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem.
- Experience in building microservices and distributed systems.
- Proficiency in NoSQL and SQL databases and in high-throughput data-related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop).
- Passion for writing clean, well-maintainable code.
- Experience with continuous delivery systems and in build tools (CI/CD, Git, Gradle, SBT).
- Experience working in agile development (Kanban/ Scrum) in multi-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share knowledge in the team.
Our Software StackJava 11+, Spring (Boot, Config, Cloud), Terraform, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, AWS (Batch, Lambda, SQS, SNS), Kubernetes, Jira, Bitbucket, Teamcity…
Why us ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers.
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company.
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world.
- You can work within flexible working hours / home office regulations and have an opportunity to work in our charming office in the heart of Berlin.
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package.