Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
- Be part of a cross-functional team of engineers, product owners, and data scientists
- Design, build, and deploy backend services, processing and securely storing health data for millions of users
- Help maintain and monitor our existing microservices, currently running on JVM and Node.js
- Support us in improving our delivery pipelines, from GitHub to Jenkins to Kubernetes
- Work closely with our mobile app, data, BI, and support teams to troubleshoot problems
What we expect of you:
- Experience building and operating distributed backend systems
- Fluency in at least one JVM language (Kotlin is our language of choice*)
- Usage of unit and integration tests
- Understanding of why it’s important to write good documentation
- Experience working in a microservice architecture (using Docker and Kubernetes is a plus)
*Our coding challenge will be a prepared file in Kotlin. We believe even with little or no experience, a capable JVM engineer will be able to solve it. We will of course take into account if you had previous experience with the language.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary and the option to join the company pension plan.
Flex Fridays: one day per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.