Software Engineer – Front or Back or Fullstack
Who we are
The Merchant Growth Tribe’s mission is to build an ecosystem of simple yet powerful products for our 1.5m+ merchants around the world, helping them grow their business.
Much more than a simple cash register, Sumup POS is a truly innovative ecosystem for local entrepreneurs (shops, merchants, restaurants, etc.). On-site orders, online orders, inventory management, or even reservations: Sumup POS offers a suite of tools that are key to the success of merchants!
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer specialized in Typescript (React / NodeJS). The position is open to Front, Back or Fullstack developers.
Here is who we are: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/fr/companies/sumup
As part of a team of 25 people, you will contribute to the POS products and solutions, essentially on our SaaS Web solutions (second and third points below), in osmosis with the technical and business teams. The POS product is composed of 3 main sub-products :
- The iOS mobile app on iPad: this is a main component of our offering, used by merchant’s staff on a daily basis in their store to serve customers. (Swift / CQRS)
- The merchant’s back office: a web application in SaaS mode that allows them to set up the various elements of the store, analyze sales, and access the AppMarket (an ecosystem of connectors with partners such as UberEats, Deliveroo, LaFourchette, etc.). (React / NodeJS / Typescript / Serverless / CQRS / AWS)
- The API allows merchants and partners to extend their ecosystem & environment with ad hoc or generic connectors. (NodeJS / Typescript / Serverless / AWS)
- Contribute to the development of our SaaS solution, as a Front / Back or Fullstack developer.
- Participate in the team's choices and best practices, and guarantee the quality of the solutions proposed to merchants.
- Master a global vision of the product life cycle: understanding business needs, architecture and technical choices, development, testing, CI / CD, fixing, etc.
- Contributes to the development and extension of the functionalities and architecture of POS solutions, deployed in SaaS mode.
- Work with the team in feature team mode, respecting the methods defined together, based on the best standards.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Product Management, QA, DevOps, Customer Care, etc.
- Contributes to the maintenance, testing strategy and product quality.
- Help developers to progress together.
- Ideally have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Front/Back or fullstack development.
- A good mastering/passion for React and/or NodeJS.
- Knowledge of Rest APIs on top of microservices.
- Knowledge of serverless computing architecture, ideally based on CQRS.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of testing and continuous integration strategies is important.
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes.
- Experience with Agile methods is important.
- Sensitive to business subjects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and committed!
Why join us?
- A company in full acceleration both in Business and R&D.
- An advanced platform with great challenges and ambition.
- A motivated, tightly-knit team working in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The possibility of working remotely.
- Competitive salaries and variables.
- Multiple areas of learning and personal and professional development.
- Welcoming offices.
- Meal tickets thanks to the Swile card.
- A first interview by video conference with a Team or Tech Lead.
- A video conference interview with members of the team.
- A video conference interview with our CTO.
- A final with a Sumup executive manager.
- One of these interviews will happen in English.
The position is based: 42 rue Louis Blanc, 75010 Paris.
But we are also interested in Full Remote candidates.
Type de contract : CDI (Full-Time)
Start date : ASAP
Contact : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org