Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Human Resource Management Tribe is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self service and remarkable employee management, integrated across domains.
We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers and HR managers.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the HRM Tribe journey for Personio.
Join our team as an Junior Backend Engineer and collaborate with our Senior Engineers to shape our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, side-by-side with best in class Software Engineers. Here you will improve your developer skills in a high-impact driven environment. Be involved in the full cycle of feature development (from inception to maintenance), and learn about the architecture of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Our current biggest engineering challenge is to transform our legacy (PHP, Ruby on Rails) monolithic systems into Kotlin microservices. For infrastructure, we use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies already, we would appreciate an open mindset and the willingness to learn.
What you need to succeed
- At least 1+ year of experience writing web applications in an agile software team gained through student work and internships or professional working experience
- Production experience with Java (or other JVM-based language) and SQL-based relational database design (Postgres / MySQL)
- Object-oriented design skills. You can express yourself in language of objects and relations—and then implement it in code
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
- Curiosity. You are eager to learn new skills and technologies. You are always seeking to improve and grow
- Proactive problem solver. You are committed to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with international talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are excited to be involved in the delivery of low to mid complexity features and the implementation of bug-fixes
- Strong written and spoken English
You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive €1,500 of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.